Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I Have Always Loved a Good Suit

Oh. My. God.  I have a big, whopping fat lady of an audition tomorrow.

My agent is an absolute God in a blue suit.  I heard about a major recurring role on a show I straight-up love that just might be right for me.  I told him I'd shower him with ridiculous gifts if he could get me in the room. 

He did.  

(Which is extra huge considering I just jumped on a soapbox to rant to you about how it's still -- incredulously -- a challenge to get me through doors for lame one-line roles.  This is a major recurring character for a season.)

Then I got the sides... and then I started getting giddy.  Like stupid-silly giddy.  It's me.  This role is sooo goddamn me but in black in white ink on the page.  On a hit show.  That I love. 

Okay.  I have to stop thinking about all this mumbo-jumbo actor-head-garbage and just go in and have fun.  

Dear God, I hope I can get to sleep tonight.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment