Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I Wish They Would Leave it Alone


Breakdowns for "Baby" and "Johnny" in the remake were released last week.  When I saw them, I couldn't figure out if I was sad or just plain angry.  I guess it will bring in money, if only from the saps who go see the film's inevitable flop, but there's something sacrilegious about trying to reboot this film.  Even the AFI ranked this as one of the greatest romantic films of all time.  Maybe it's because Patrick Swayze was one of my first crushes growing up, but I think it's just a no-win situation for those of us who truly loved this film.  If the new actors perform it exactly like Patrick and Jennifer... we'll complain that they were just copying them.  But then again, if they try to make it their own... we'll be angry that they went and changed what is a wonderful piece of cinema.  This is one I definitely wish they'd leave alone.   

No comments:

Post a Comment