Friday, May 25, 2012

And the Pendulum Swings Back Up

Boy, this life is about as far from emotionally stable as one can get.  Last week, I was wallowing in frustration at my lack of bookings.  I was angry that I had what I knew in my bones to be great auditions, and yet my phone wasn't exactly ringing off the hook with offers. 

But you can't let it get to you.  There's no point.  Because all that time I spent throwing my own little pitty party, I was about to get a callback for one of the features.  Went in this morning for five producers and guess what?  I nailed it again. 

Still not a booking, but that's okay.  No more pity parties (well, until my next one).  It's nothing that I didn't know before, but sometimes it is more of a challenge to remember.  You never know what is just around the corner.  It could be a callback, a booking or that elusive "big break."  It's out there somewhere.  It's just a matter of hanging on long enough to find it.

Go out there and have fun this holiday weekend.  Stop stressing about work and career and allow yourself the freedom to just live your life for a few days.  (This is me talking to me, but you'll probably benefit from taking the advice as well.)  Welcome that summer through the door like you would an old friend you haven't seen in years.  Sit her down with a nice cocktail and plan out all the fun things you'll do together in the next few months. 

I love summer just about as much as I love callbacks.  Here's to having lots of both in the coming months...

No comments:

Post a Comment