Thursday, April 26, 2012

I'M IN!!


I won one of the lottery spots into the New York City marathon!!  This is the second year I've entered the drawing and I just found out yesterday that I'm in!!  (I've never been quite as excited to see $255 automatically deducted from my bank account.)  Looks like I'll be training all summer so I can hit the streets of the Big Apple for 26.2 miles in November... so I guess I'll be pounding the pavement both literally and figuratively for the next six months.   

(P.S. How ironic that the news arrives just after a weekend with my Marlin.  I guess he'll no longer be able to complain that I never come visit him in New York.)

Now... if I can just figure out how to get in the lottery for a career in Hollywood....  Sometimes it seems just about as random.

No comments:

Post a Comment