Monday, April 10, 2017

When Everything Must Stop

I had a mega day last week. It was jam-packed from dawn until well after dusk. It was a day when I had to literally write out my appointments to make sure they were in the most optimal order for location and travel time. There was no room for deviation or wasted driving in this schedule. 

Then it happened (and it always does on days like this). 

I heard about casting for a film. This film is shooting in May in my home state. This film had a lead role appropriate for me. These are the shots you wait for, coiled like a puma ready to pounce. 

So everything -- the day, the whole schedule -- it has to stop. A giant pause. A record scratch. That meeting on the Warner Brother's lot? It has to wait. My film festival after parties with contacts I only see a couple times a year? They're gonna have to sip their first drink without me.  

It all must wait for me to track down the casting director, contact information and anyone who may know anything about the film so that I can make a special pitch. 

"Hi - I'm Anony, I'm from this state and have worked there many times. Would love to read for this role. I am traveling tomorrow, but would it be possible to submit a selt-tape?"

Sure enough, that casting director responded with the script and sides. 

My day continued on. Maybe I was a little late for the rest of the day, but I got everything done. I have an audition for the lead in a film. It's all worth it.

And now I sit on a plane -- my eyes barely open from exhaustion -- reading the script for my next audition. But trust me... this is the good kind of tired.  


No comments:

Post a Comment