Monday, August 11, 2014

Another Hard Goodbye

I have to make this quick, but I couldn't just not say anything. What a sad, sad loss for the world today. What a brutal wound that has been left in the place of a genius most (if not all) of us cherished. I realize everyone will eventually lose their lease on this Earth, but it is oh so much more heartbreaking when it's intentional and self-inflicted. 

We've always known Robin was flawed. (Dammit we all are.) But for whatever reason, he's had particularly dark demons to battle. But it just seems so incredibly tragic that a man who brought laughter and happiness to an entire world, found himself unable to feel it in return. He must not have known how deeply he and his work has meant to so many people. I only hope that he has been able to find peace, wherever his energy exists now. 

As I sit here in my hotel room ready to switch out the light, it is not lost on me that I am shooting a comedy tomorrow. The genre who's history would be incomplete without the inclusion of Mr. Williams. At first it pained me to think of shooting with such an abrupt vacancy among the gurus, as if it were indecent to fumble my way through an art form with its king so noticeably and tragically absent. 

But instead, I choose to pour my heart and soul into this character in honor of a great artist who's work will stay with me -- and countless others -- for the rest of our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment