Saturday, July 12, 2014

Bad Scripts and Botox

I have my sides for an audition and I've been putting it off for a couple days.  I don't like the script.  It's a badly written, stereotypical B-movie with D-list stars and a lame premise.  My character is stupid and the dialog is just terrible.

Aaaand my character is mid thirties.  Mid-thirties?!?  Hey, I know I get older each year, and there are definitely some things I've aged out of... but I'm pretty certain my twenties is not one of them.  I told my agent that I pouted for a half day about being called in as a mid-thirties woman.  He said, "When breakdowns are slow, you have to stretch.  Remember, you're an actor.  Better than a one-line 25 year old."

*sigh*

True.  And who am I kidding?  I'm still scrambling up this mountain of a career.  I shouldn't be snubbing my nose at a film with a cool $1-2 mill budget and guaranteed theatrical release.  Even if the script is a pile of shit.  (And it really is.)

Okaaay.  I guess I'll go learn my lines.  I can't wait for the day when I will be allowed to laugh when garbage like this gets sent to me.  I look forward to the day when I can politely say, "hell no!!"

Until then, we'll take what comes our way.  My agent later said, "Plus, 40 year olds still play 20s. Attitude is everything.  Well... Botox for some."

Thankfully, neither of us think I am remotely close to thinking about Botox.


No comments:

Post a Comment