Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Forward Momentum

We're only halfway through and it's been an incredible, whirlwind week.  There just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything accomplished. 

But there are a lot of hours, and there is a whole lot of accomplishing going on up in here...

I filmed my scenes for the show.  It was the single most incredible day of my life.  (Well, thus far.  There are many more to come.  And though it doesn't quite seem possible, there will be even greater moments in my life.)  I'll tell you more about the shoot later... about the makeup, my trailer, the crew, the gobs of people who fussed over every inch of me all day long and the wonderful, amazing moments when those big ol' cameras were rolling and my kisser was in the frame.  The moments when I was overwhelmed by the incredible set and truly lived in the skin of another person during the space between "action" and "cut."  Sitting in my trailer on my lunch break while texting a close friend I wrote:

"I am in absolute heaven on Earth.  I've never been so happy in my life.  There will never be an obstacle big enough to keep me from making a career out of this."

She wrote back, "That is so great to hear.  You can and ARE doing it!!"

That's right.  I am.  Holy shit, I'm doing it.  

Yep.  It's been a great week.  I got a nice new side job that should thicken up my wallet a little more.  I gave a solid read at a casting workshop and I'm looking forward to building a stronger relationship with that casting office.  I even landed a meeting with a respected theatrical agent.  With any luck, by Friday I'll have a new rep added to my team and together we'll be able to line up more and more days in which I get to live my dream.

It's coming.  It's building, I can feel it.  This hustle, this grind... it's long, but it's working.  This train is moving and there is not a thing in the world that can stop it.

No comments:

Post a Comment