Friday, December 23, 2011

You're My First Christmas Present This Year


Boy, I thought this week was going to be low key.  I thought work would be slow, both in acting and at the office.  That, however, was not the reality.  As far as dead weeks go... this one was alive and kicking.  The office was so busy, I ended up having to work overtime and at double speed to get everything finished before I walked out the door.  And somehow I still managed to squeeze in a five hour rehearsal, a film audition, a meeting with someone who is referring me to his agent, a meeting with the stage alliance on how to produce my play, a fantastic night of baking my signature holiday gifting bread with one of my best friends, and my last minute Christmas shopping.  I haven't even had a chance to take care of the mounting laundry pile that is threatening to overtake my room.

But don't think for a minute that I forgot about you.  In fact, I kept emailing myself with ideas of what I planned to write to you next.  Though I knew the week got away from me, I thought, "They'll not miss me too much, they're all taking a break with their friends and families."

But you're not.  You're still here.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. This is my first and only blog, and you are my first readers.  And though I'll never really know who you are, nor will I be able to distinguish you from those who join us down the road, you'll always have a special place in my heart because you're the first. You're out there and you're reading these silly words I'm writing.  You come back, even when I haven't written for days.  You're my saving grace as my poor friends tire of my incessant chatter about my "plans" and "strategies." You keep me searching for the meaning and humor in every move I make all day long.  And for that, I can't thank you enough.

You keep coming back... Then so will I.

No comments:

Post a Comment