Friday, January 10, 2014

Two Thousand and Fourteen

Now that we've all managed to emerge from the industry black hole that is the holiday season, let us get this party restarted!!

Time to shake off that extra helping of turkey stuffing, the mound of gift receipts and lose the hang-ups about what did (or didn't) happen in 2013. Let's start this year right. Let's hit the ground running. 2014 will be greater than any that have come before. It may not look like it in this exact moment, but one epic year is on it's way. How do I know? Because 2013 was a hell of a lot bigger and better than 2012. And 2012 left 2011 in the dust... which was ginormous compared to the years before that.
(Shut up spell check.  I know ginormous technically isn't a word.  Whatever. I'm not playing Scrabble here.*) So welcome everyone! We -- me, you, your hamster, your competition -- are all about to have a fantastic year.

If we choose to.

That's right. I've said it before and I'll say it again. (What can I say, I'm stubborn. Plus I've been writing this dang thing for a couple years now, so I'm bound to repeat myself.) I don't care how long I've been in this town, I'm still a dreamer and I believe we can achieve anything we put our minds to.

So lets do that. Let 2014 be a year we continue to dream. Let 2014 be the year we choose to get out of our own way and let things happen in a big way. Let it be a year we believe we can actually make major progress in this crazy hustle. Let it be the year when we smile to ourselves and think... I got this. This ain't so hard. I'm even (heaven-forbid) having some fun with this grind. (Heresy!) Let 2014 be the year you believe it can happen, nay IS happening.

Let the games begin.



*I must confess to a crime.  I brutally Scrabble-murdered my mother three times over the holidays.  It was premeditated and in cold blood... but oh the victory tasted so sweet.  (Sorry Mom.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment