Saturday, April 27, 2013

Victory Dancing

Bag packed? Check.  Boarding pass? Check.  Script? Check.  

Guess what peeps... this actress is ready to jet off to film a movie on location!

It has been a whirlwind of phone calls with the production crew who are already there and shooting, none of whom have I actually met in person.  Though it is a very, very small feature with a micro-budget and no distribution to speak of at the moment, it is the biggest movie I've worked on, and the biggest film role I've had to date.  It is also the farthest I have traveled to shoot.  I once did a non-union commercially shoot in central California for a couple days a few years ago, but otherwise my professional career has pretty much been isolated to Los Angeles county.  So when I arrive on location tomorrow and the local barista asks me what brings me to town as she makes my morning coffee, I get to say, "I'm here shooting a movie." 

I don't care who you are, admit it.  Getting to say that is fun.  Anyone who says otherwise is trying to pretend that they're not excited to be doing what they've dreamed of doing for so long.  Call me pretentious, I don't care, this is Anony uncensored.  I believe we have a right to take pride in our accomplishments (so long as we're not doing so to feel superior to anyone).  I'm one of the few cast members they have hired out of Los Angeles and flown to location, and I'm unapologetically proud of it because I've worked really really hard to get to this point.  I'm no super hero and I have a looooong way to go before I'm an established name, but I am proud of everything I have achieved so far.  There are so few moments in this grind when we get to do a little mental victory dance, I'll take every opportunity I can get.  Even if it's at some random coffee counter in middle America.

No comments:

Post a Comment