Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Audience Awaits...

Is there anything more beautiful than that view?  The view from the stage looking up into a wall of countless faces just waiting for you to do something amazing?  Not for me.

I sang with the rest of the crew from my play at the benefit on Monday.  The above picture isn't actually our theater (ours was a little smaller) but it was a packed house with a full band behind us.  Strings too.  We sang with strings behind us. *Anony shakes her head.*  Unreal. 

I don't know why, but it is just so wonderful to be out there.  There are few places where I feel so alive and so acutely aware of the vibration of every molecule in my body as on the stage, be it live or for a camera.  Waiting in the wings before our set, I had a moment when I felt as if my heart would explode... and yet perfect calmness and ease.  Then that sensation when you step into the light, how it warms your face and the mic stands ready to catch your every breath. 

This is it.  This is what I live for.  This is why I do this.  


No comments:

Post a Comment